Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Off to school she goes!

So yesterday the day that I have been dreading FOREVER finally came. My little girl started school. I can't believe she's a kindergartener. When did she stop being a toddler?? She was so ready to go though. Brian and I took her and there was a point where all the kids were at their desks and the parents were still sitting around the room taking pictures and waiting to be kicked out, and Hailee called me over to her and she asked me "when is kindergarten going to start?" She just could not wait! Then when I dropped her off today, on day 2, she went and sat at her desk inside and didn't even want to play on the playground until it started! So here are a couple of pictures. The first one is of her with her Barbie backpack and her Spiderman lunchbox. That right there pretty much sums up my little girl's personality! The second is of the whole classroom, and the third is her looking at her name on her nametag.



10 comments:

Jen said...

she looks so cute! I love the backpack and lunchbox combo! too funny!! YAY! You did it!

Anonymous said...

She is SO cute!! I still dont know how you did it without a breakdown... I'm happy I still have a couple more years before I have to go through it! I still love the spiderman lunch box and barbie backpack... Classic Hailee!!

Amanda said...

Holy moly, she looks so grown up. I am so scared for that day. Miranda is totally ready now, but good thing I get to keep her here another year.... look at all those hoodlums she will be hanging out with. :) haha

♥Brittany♥ said...

Awww!!! She looks so grown up!!! Tomorrow is my day! I am going to ball I think!!!!

JaredandKatie said...

It's so crazy that our kids are in Kindergarten now. I have a pic of Ethan on his first day on my blog somewhere, before the dinosaur was sent to time out. I'm pretty good. Waiting for this baby to come. I can't wait! I'll call you sometime this week and we can chat. Love ya!!

The Owens said...

AWWW!! I can't believe you didn't cry! I am SO proud of you!

Aunt Tiff said...

Can't believe that she is old enough to go to school... I swear it was yesterday that we were chillin in the valley:) She is so pretty and all grown up!

Lisa said...

I cant believe how grown up she looks in the first picture. We just saw you guys what, a month ago, and I swear she was still little.
It's great that she is so eager to be there! So the big question is...Did you cry?

Sarah said...

Love the blog. FYI - this is Brian's first cousin Sarah. I found your blog off of Mandy's site, so I hope you don't mind me peeking into ya'lls crazy life! I would love to get to know you and your kiddo better, so maybe the next time you decide to come up to Mesa we can do lunch or something!!

Oh yeah - sending your kid to school for the first time is super hard, but trust me, as the years go by, you can't wait to shove them out the door!

Amanda said...

Okay Elissa.... I need an update here. Get your camera out and blog! :)